Dark Willow and Redeemability

I think Kennedy was them not learning the lesson of Riley. Because with the reactions to Tara's death being what they were they didn't want to intro a Tara like character so they tried what they did with Riley, making him the anti-Angel. Kennedy is the Anti-Tara. And it went over just as well
 
I think Kennedy was them not learning the lesson of Riley. Because with the reactions to Tara's death being what they were they didn't want to intro a Tara like character so they tried what they did with Riley, making him the anti-Angel. Kennedy is the Anti-Tara. And it went over just as well
Was odd to me for Willow to have a 'love interest' in s7, and Kennedy, of all people as her next girlfriend. She'd just tried to end the world months ago over losing Tara.

The forced relationship didn't fit, into what was already a crammed and problematic season.
 
Was odd to me for Willow to have a 'love interest' in s7, and Kennedy, of all people as her next girlfriend. She'd just tried to end the world months ago over losing Tara.

The forced relationship didn't fit, into what was already a crammed and problematic season.

It was another failed attempt to try and undo the backlash from season six that just made things worse.
 
Was odd to me for Willow to have a 'love interest' in s7, and Kennedy, of all people as her next girlfriend. She'd just tried to end the world months ago over losing Tara.

The forced relationship didn't fit, into what was already a crammed and problematic season.
Well, I think they wanted to make the end the world thing separate from Tara's death. They didn't have to make her feel the world's pain if they wanted them directly connected after all.

But I think when they heard they had two guaranteed seasons before season 6 they went nuts. Season six would be the break everything season, season seven the fix everything season. They never considered season six would be so hated SMG wouldn't even Duchovney a season eight. So they had to cram everything in
 
DeepBlueJoy
DeepBlueJoy
Wasnt Sarah at the end of her contract? Had she not stated more than onelce over several years a desire not to continue?
Duchovny? Please clarify.
David Duchovny ended his run on X-Files by being and occasional guest star when the show continued passed it's intended series finale. He'd disappeared in that ep in a way that meant he might have never appeared again.

I don't know if SMG ever said prior to season 6 she wouldn't renew her contract beyond season 7, but the fact season 7 was the definitive endcwas treated as something that needed to be announced rather than a given
 
Was odd to me for Willow to have a 'love interest' in s7, and Kennedy, of all people as her next girlfriend. She'd just tried to end the world months ago over losing Tara.

The forced relationship didn't fit, into what was already a crammed and problematic season.
I agree. While widows & widowers are often lonely enough to sleep wiith someone, i don't think Willow would choose Kennedy. Willow was clearly not ready; she had to be backed into a corner.

Willow had a type. Hostile uber macho was not it. Even if you include men in the calculus, Oz was manly but gentle. Xander was flawed and a mess but also gentle and very caring. Tara was one of the kindest, most caring people ever. Buffy, her friend, was not a bully.

Kennedy was a large, steamrolling bull in a china shop crushing what she could not manipulate.

I have major reservations with Willow but no one deserves Kennedy.
 
I agree. While widows & widowers are often lonely enough to sleep wiith someone, i don't think Willow would choose Kennedy. Willow was clearly not ready; she had to be backed into a corner.

Willow had a type. Hostile uber macho was not it. Even if you include men in the calculus, Oz was manly but gentle. Xander was flawed and a mess but also gentle and very caring. Tara was one of the kindest, most caring people ever. Buffy, her friend, was not a bully.

Kennedy was a large, steamrolling bull in a china shop crushing what she could not manipulate.

I have major reservations with Willow but no one deserves Kennedy.
The closest Kennedy gets to Willow's type is early Xander hadca bit of bravado covering his insecurities, but it was very obviously a mask.

The biggest justification for Willow Kennedy is Willow is bad at telling people no
 
Re: Annoying Gay Character: Eh, I suspect both Lenks and Hallett had a really good impersonation of Jack from Will & Grace, and just went with it.

Re: "Bury Your Gays." Joss understands how to write for his audience, the audience that gets the dark humor of Tara's killing joke. I think he didn't know how to write for the Junior High L-Word audience that had gathered around the show, and he didn't understand the emotional significance which Tillow held for that audience. Which makes sense to me, over a Hays era film trope.
 
Re: Annoying Gay Character: Eh, I suspect both Lenks and Hallett had a really good impersonation of Jack from Will & Grace, and just went with it.

Re: "Bury Your Gays." Joss understands how to write for his audience, the audience that gets the dark humor of Tara's killing joke. I think he didn't know how to write for the Junior High L-Word audience that had gathered around the show, and he didn't understand the emotional significance which Tillow held for that audience. Which makes sense to me, over a Hays era film trope.
I don't get the joke. I am no juvenile. I find that notion pretty offensive btw - that not appreciating the deliberate trivialization of a beloved character makes us 'high school'. Never watched the L word.

Joss did say as a joke, words to the effect of 'i always wanted to kill someone in the credits". Joss remains a nasty peice of trash (polite version)

Lorne may have read as gay and flamboyant but he did not read as silly. He remains one of my favourite characters of the franchise. I never found him irritating. His musical talent moved me deeply. I still miss Andy.
 
Back
Top Bottom